Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy’s most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.
- From the makers of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, and Mass Effect comes the dark second installment in the thrilling Mass Effect Trilogy!
- Command a unique team of amazing characters on a perilous mission in the most dangerous regions of space.
- Players of the first Mass Effect can import save games to continue the story of their own Commander Shepard. New players will find a thrilling stand-alone adventure awaits them - a polished and action packed adventure that surpasses the first game in nearly every possible way.
- Take cover, command an elite squad with ease, utilize 19 weapon classes including heavy weapons, and unleash deadly powers against your foes with an all new and improved combat system.
- Increased intensity with precision shooter controls to let you control the action and overcome insurmountable odds.
- Featuring a new location based damage system: target key weak points, and blast off limbs, ignite enemies, or cripple and disable enemy troops.
- Visit familiar locales, such as the Citadel, and travel to deadly unknown new worlds to save mankind.
- Survey unique planets and embark on side missions to uncover more secrets in the Mass Effect universe.
- Robust Character Customizations
- Choose a player class, customize your appearance, and tailor your own abilities and strengths. As you progress so do Shepard's abilities.
- Control the conversation. Improved conversation system where you can take matters into your own hands - often with the liberal application of force.